April 22nd may be designated as Earth Day, but we believe that every day should be Earth Day. Did you know that in addition to providing sustainably produced cuisine, we were also the first Bay Area Green Business certified full-service catering company in Northern California? We are committed to fighting against climate change and helping protect this beautiful Earth that we love so much. Here are a few quick facts about just some of the fun and interesting ways we are taking our earth stewardship further:
- Launched our three-part Drought Watch program last year where we became the first food industry business in the country to partner with TerraPass to help fund carbon offset and water restoration projects. As part of this program, we also created a Drought Watch Food Guide that helps bring awareness to which ingredients and foods are smart drought-friendly options and which should be avoided when possible (The Thirsty Thirty).
- Partner with Copia to combat food waste, help those in need and divert CO2 from the atmosphere.
- Recycle and compost in our kitchen, office and at every event in which we are involved.
- Take part in community service programs to clean up and beautify our city such as beach cleanups and community garden upkeep.
- Avoid serving bottled water at our events and if for some reason we do “need” to serve bottled water, we source glass bottles whenever possible.
- Donate our used cooking oil to SF Greasecycle for conversion into Bio Diesel.
We want to give a special thanks to our amazingly gifted “Green Guru”, Sina Scerba, for spearheading our environmental efforts and for all of her guidance and hard work in making us a green company.
What are you doing to help the environment? We’d love to know!