A landmark historic building in the heart of San Francisco, the Asian Art Museum was thoughtfully expanded in 2003 through a collaboration with Gae Aulenti, the visionary behind Paris’s Musée d’Orsay. Today, the musuem’s signature Beaux Arts-style is complemented with new architectural elements such as its spacious, indoor sky-lit court.
The Asian Art Museum offers diverse and adaptable spaces for celebrations of any size. Whether you need a space for your wedding ceremony (the marble staircase is a favorite), a cocktail reception, a formal catered dinner, or somewhere you can dance into the wee hours, enjoy three floors of flexible venue options to choose from.
- Weddings are allowed in the museum
- No set up is allowed on the main floor during public hours
- Setup is permitted in Samsung Hall during public hours
- Load-in can begin after 5:00 pm
- Special events may not begin earlier than 6:00 pm
The Asian Art Museum is open to the public during the following hours:
- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- 10:00 am to 9:00 pm on Thursdays
- Closed to the public on Mondays
Global Gourmet Catering is proud to be a preferred San Francisco wedding caterer for this amazing venue!