A landmark historic building in the heart of San Francisco, the Asian Art Museum was thoughtfully expanded in 2003 through a collaboration with Gae Aulenti, the visionary behind Paris’s Musée d’Orsay. Today, the musuem’s signature Beaux Arts-style is complemented with new architectural elements such as its spacious, indoor sky-lit court.
The Asian Art Museum offers diverse and adaptable spaces for celebrations of any size. Whether you need a space for your wedding ceremony (the marble staircase is a favorite), a cocktail reception, a formal catered dinner, or somewhere you can dance into the wee hours, enjoy three floors of flexible venue options to choose from.
Expanded in 2013 through a collaboration with celebrated architect Gae Aulenti, the Asian Art Museum is housed in a landmark, Beaux Arts-style building, now sporting impressive enhancements such as its spacious, indoor sky-lit court.
Choose from three floors of flexible venue space for private or corporate events of all sizes, from a few dozen to a few hundred guests. Whether you’re throwing a black-tie cocktail reception or an intimate catered dinner, your event guests can celebrate while surrounded by the world’s best collections of historic and contemporary Asian Art.
Centrally located in the heart of San Francisco, the Asian Art Museum is close to Moscone Convention Center, Union Square hotels, parking and public transit.
- There is no daytime meeting space available
- Fundraisers are not permitted
- No setup is allowed on the main floor during public hours
- Setup is permitted in Samsung Hall during public hours
- Load-in can begin after 5:00 pm
- Special events may not begin earlier than 6:00 pm
The Asian Art Museum is open to the public during the following hours:
- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- 10:00 am to 9:00 pm on Thursdays
- Closed to the public on Mondays
Global Gourmet Catering is proud to be a preferred San Francisco catering company for the Asian Art Museum!